“Cognitive explorations can only get us as far as thoughts and images available to the conscious mind. With Craig as a guide and coach, I’ve found increasing capacity for going deeper into the unknown of myself, realizing subtle but transformative results in a tenth the time I have found in years and years of other therapeutic interventions. Craig’s kindness, intuitive understanding and spontaneity makes him a trustworthy partner in the process of healing the human condition. I value his work immensely.”
Ken Howard – Google Review
ARIZONA INTEGRATIVE HYPNOTHERAPY
New directions in hypnosis research
strategies for advancing the cognitive and clinical neuroscience of hypnosis
National Library of Medicine
“Findings from research on hypnosis have a great deal to offer the clinical and scientific community. As more is learned about the clinical applications of hypnosis treatments, the more individuals suffering from those conditions can be helped with hypnotic treatments – including most certainly chronic pain, irritable bowel syndrome, and PTSD, but also likely other conditions as well – can be helped. At the same time, as we learn more about the neurophysiological mechanisms underlying hypnosis and hypnotic phenomena, we will also learn more about basic brain functions and the responses influenced by hypnosis, such as amnesia, hallucinations, and delusions. We hope that this review article both inspires researchers to consider incorporating hypnosis into their research programs and also provides some guidance for the future direction of hypnosis research.”
- Hypnosis treatments have demonstrated efficacy for a number of conditions.
- Research supports the role of divisions in the anterior cingulate and prefrontal cortices in hypnotic responding.
- Consideration of three study design issues could improve the impact of hypnosis research.
- Researchers in the field would do well to consider developing mechanisms for data sharing.
- It may be time to direct research resources away from studies that contrast state and non state models of hypnosis.
I offer a FREE 30 minute consultation strategy call to ask questions and discern if the modalities I work with fit your needs.
Contact Me Today and Set Up A Free Strategy Call!